Fall 2023 Conference
Breaking Convention in Teaching and Learning
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
College of the Holy Cross
- Check to be sure your institution is a current member of NEFDC before registering.
- The early bird registration deadline has been extended to Monday, October 2.
|Early Bird Fee
(extended through 10/2/23)
Teaching and learning everywhere is experiencing dramatic disruption, forcing educators to rethink what it means to prepare students for an uncertain future. While some disruptions certainly present opportunities for justice, change also introduces new challenges. How do we intentionally disrupt taken-for-granted conventions of higher learning rather than feeling as though the disruptions are happening to us? What practices have we put into place that work in disrupting conventions?
The conference sessions will address topics such as:
- New educational norms and disruptions
- Empowering teaching practices
- Ungrading and self-reflective teaching practices
- Leveraging AI in the classroom
- Positionality and equity in learning
Faculty, academic administrators, faculty developers, instructional designers, graduate students and anyone interested in enhancing the professional development of faculty and administrators committed to excellence in teaching and learning will find meaning and practical strategies at this fall’s conference. We hope you will join us.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Lindsay Masland
In Defense of Teacher-Centered Teaching … and Other Things I’m Not Supposed to Say
Dr. Lindsay Masland is the Director of Transformative Teaching and Learning in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for Student Success at Appalachian State University in North Carolina. She coordinates the Teaching and Student Success Lab which provides instructors support to collect and analyze data about their own teaching. Dr. Masland earned BA and MA degrees in Experimental Psychology at Wake Forest University and a PhD in Educational Psychology from the University of Georgia.
Directions to the College of the Holy Cross
- Conference location: Hogan Campus Center
- Address: 1 College Street, Worcester, MA 01610 (Directions > check directions under “Visiting Campus for Other Purposes”)
- Parking: Visitor parking is to the right of the Campus Center.